Re: Next problem......water pump hose

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Next problem......water pump hose
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 23:48:37 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Problem solved!  I got the friggin thing on tonight.....NAPA was out of the
hose that Don recommended, bought another one but it obvioously would not work
after I got it home.  I took the water pump out, after taking off the
manifold, cut about 3/4" off the outlet and slid the bottom of the radiator as
for
forward as it would go.  Then with some lube inside the Dowley hose and
rotating
the hose and the water pump, it went together fairly easily.  I did not put
any Wellseal between the pump flange and the nose piece flange.  I hope this
joint doesn't tend  to leak oil.

Next challenge will be to connect up the exhaust down pipes.........

Terry