PA issues.. fan... elecrtics

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: PA issues.. fan... elecrtics
From: DB35PA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:08:55 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Hi Gents,

While the P-type is still in near naked condition... we have just finished
27 days of temps over 90 degrees here in KC. I am considering adding an
electric  fan and wonder about the pros and cons. Assuming it's a good idea...

Wiring... When British Wiring made my new harness, I had and extra wire
added for a yet to be located FT 27 additional running light. I assumed it
would
be controlled through the "spare" switch in the center rhomboid of the dash. I
 can capture this wire for the fan and switch. The fan's (with a footprint is
too  large for my rad) sold by Moss Calif. includes an electric preset temp
control to turn off/on. Therefore, do I need to wire into dash switch? Where
do  you recommend I pick up power if I don't use this extra dedicated  wire?

The Moss fans being too large for a P-type, does anyone have a brand/source
or one that does? I'm also looking for a quick release mounting fixture of
some  type.

PLC switch... my PLC is a Lucas with markings of 1, 2, side and head. I
understand one would run (under normal daylight conditions) on setting 1. If I
add a fan (assuming it's very hot) and run the fan, do I run on 2 to increase
power output? It's obvious I am out on thin ice in the topic as I've never
driven a car with PLC.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Don B.