Next problem......water pump hose

To: mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Next problem......water pump hose
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 15:12:58 EDT
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Folks, I just put the radiator/shell assembly down into the NA.  There is
considerable misalignment between the radiator bottom fitting and the water
pump
outlet (or is that the inlet?).....there is about 7/8" gap between the two and
the bottom of the radiator fitting is level with the top of the water pump
outlet, an offset that the hose that I got from Dowley clearly cannot
bridge.....at least I don't think so.

Is there a trick here to getting a hose on?  My water pump was rebuilt and a
new outlet tube fitted, perhaps longer than it should be??  But the height
difference of the two fittings is still considerable.  Would like some advice
and
perhaps dimentions of the pump outlet before I take it off and start
shortening it.   Has anyone a better off set hose to use?

Many thanks
Terry in Oakland