Re: questions on skinning a PA tub

To: DB35PA@aol.com, mg-mmm@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: questions on skinning a PA tub
From: i.thomson@talk21.com
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:18:21 GMT+01:00
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
I have just done the same job on a J2 tub and having looked at numerous bodies
came to no real conclusion as to what was correct.  I did not wrap it right
round as you say on the grounds that this did not seem right and that it has
not harmed my TC tub which Naylors did that way years ago.  I was also unable
to decide whether the top of the bottom rail under the doors should be skinned
and as many I have looked at aren't so I didn't do that part either.  I felt
that I was on a steep enough learning curve anyway what with the part behind
the doors and the curves around the back to manoever the metal round, not to
mention the doors themselves.  These were cheap and cheerful cars in their day
so I don't expect they were overdone, and, as you say, it's a perfect water
trap.

Good building.

Ian Thomson

-------