Re: enough is not enough, or is it?

To: "MMM List UK" <mg-mmm@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: enough is not enough, or is it?
From: "Ray" <spook01@home.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 08:19:35 -0600
Sender: owner-mg-mmm@autox.team.net
> 1) Using the English Language from the country where our cars were built,
you
> simply cannot correctly apply the word Replica to a car not built
(designated

All,

I think we are now discussing the word "Replica", and the word "replica".

If the chassis number is correct for a verifiable car, that is its true
identity.  If it is rebodied/modified so as to present itself as, say, a K
3- but is still registered as another model, it is a replica- a copy.

If it is a copy being pawned off as an original, it is a Fake.

If it is a Replica, built at the factory......that is a rather different
kettle of bolts.

Thanks for re-stating your position, Pip.

Best,
Ray