Re: Interesting results from last event

To: Dan Cyr <djcyr@wisc.edu>, "R. John Lye"
Subject: Re: Interesting results from last event
From: Gene Beaird <gbeaird@io.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 13:42:07 -0600 (CST)
Well, yes, I do.  :-)

On my faster runs, the turns are usually executed by the car sliding a
bit (pitching) under braking as I go over high points on the course (the
lot our courses are set on has a series of ridges and swales across the
lot to aid in rain drainage).  As the ol' Hoosiers get older, this tends
to be the way to keep the car fast around the course.

Answering another reply, yes, our course traces frequently have loops in
them.  I usually make adjustments to the course trace just enough to
make the course look similar between all the drivers of the car.  That
helps when comparing the runs.

Thanks for the explaination.  It makes sense.

Gene Beaird