Interesting results from last event

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Interesting results from last event
From: Gene Beaird <gbeaird@io.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 11:35:14 -0600 (CST)
While we're talking about learning the GEEZ...

At the last event, my wife and I were driving our 85 CP Firebird, me in
CP, her in CPL.  I ended up outrunning her by about a second.  After
downloading the data to my laptop and having a look, I noticed that when I
brought up the acceleration gauge, there was quite a difference in
finishing speed.  The gauge showed a top finishing speed of about 45 MPH,
while my finishing speed was well over 70 MPH.  This is in second gear!!
I know I didn't finish that fast (the back of the hood rises as the speeds
approach 40, and it was not up), and in fact, the run I looked at I
remember finishing particularly slowly.  Any ideas on what could cause the
discrepancy?

Thanks for any input.

Gene Beaird
86 SVO, G Stock