How does GEEZ calculate usage?

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: How does GEEZ calculate usage?
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:26:37 -0600
Well we finished up our last autox of the season and I got a few more
GEEZ runs.  Jerry Hodge and Charlie Shelton didn't bring their cubes
AGAIN!!  How am I supposed to learn all their secrets, err I mean help
them learn to use the GEEZ software if they don't log their data? ;)

Anyway, I noticed that my usage dropped way down on the transition from
full acceleration to maximum braking.  I couldn't really think where I
botched it, so I started looking at Dadio's and Priebe's runs that Byron
provided, and they too had severe drops (relatively speaking) in usage
when transitioning to braking.

Anyone have any insights to why this is so?  Does this really mean that
we are braking that poorly, or is it an artifact of how GEEZ calculates
usage.

Todd