Re: How does GEEZ calculate usage?

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How does GEEZ calculate usage?
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:01:17 -0600
Mark Sipe sent some private email which got me thinking.  GEEZ
appears to determine usage via:

   usage = max(current lat, current accel, current lat trans) /
           max(peak lat, peak accel, peak lat trans)

I'd guess Byron also does some speed relative massaging etc.  What is
missing is longitudinal transition rate.  Hence the drop in performance
under braking.  At some point your acceleration hits zero, which
needless to say isn't very far out on the friction circle.  Now if you
are doing this in a straight line you aren't pulling lat g's, nor are
you transitioning as far as GEEZ is concerned.  Hence the low usage.
Seems like we need a long trans channel as well as a lat trans channel
to account for straight line braking.  It would also tell you
throttle/brake application (%).

Todd