Re: Floating point division by zero?

To: Wally Strzelec <Wally@Tamu.edu>, geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Floating point division by zero?
From: Arthur Emerson <vreihen@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 07:32:37 -0700 (PDT)
Wally Strzelec <Wally@Tamu.edu> wrote:
> Had something pretty weird happen yesterday.  Yesterday when I tried
> to record my runs, instead of creating four files, it created 1 large
> file.  I set the geez up in autostart and just left it on for the
> whole run group.
[snip]
> When I try to read the file in, I get the errors;
> "Floating Point division by zero", "Invalid floating point operation"
> and "Range check error".

Thank god it wasn't just me!  My notebook captured a run like that
on both Saturday and Sunday.  I was using autostart, but exiting
after each run to see the map.  It only happened when auto-stop
didn't stop, and I took a long drive back to the paddock.  Could
GEEZ have exceeded the maximum run length?

Now that cold weather autocross season has arrived here in the
northeast, I had another interesting problem this past weekend.
At two different sites, I had a 45+ MPH spin and long slide
backwards lock up the computer.  The system was dead to the world,
and even the MS-three-finger-salute didn't work.  I don't know
if this is a power saver problem, the PC capture program not
liking to slide in reverse, or the hard drive getting bumped
around. I laughed off the first crash, saying that the computer
crashed and that's why the car spun.  I was a little annoyed about
not getting the second one recorded, though.  I'm going to
check out the computer this week, because I suspect it more
than a software problem at the moment.  My camcorder used
to go bonkers under the same conditions.

Wish list:  F-key shortcuts to engage auto-start, auto-stop,
and record for PC capture, with unique confirmation beeps.
None of our local grid areas seem to be level, and I got
quite a few dirty looks on Saturday when I was running around
to the passenger's side to click on auto-start in the level
staging line.

Dream list: Being able to use a $59 PC video camera to also
record the run, and then have GEEZ synchronize the video playback
window to the maps.  GEEZ would only have to call the playback
program.  It would be up to the user to capture/trim up the video
clip.....

-Arthur