Re: PalmV (was Re: Palm IIIe price lowered)

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: PalmV (was Re: Palm IIIe price lowered)
From: Byron Short <bshort@AFSinc.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 1999 11:27:58 -0700
Mark Sirota wrote:
> Also, if Byron goes ahead with the Palm III Modem case for the G-Cube
> Battery plan, it's not clear whether he'll also do something similar
> for the V -- the Palm V Modem has a rather different form factor.

I haven't had time to think much about this since Nats.  I definitely
want to do it though.  The bad part is that we have to buy a truck load
of modem cases to get them done, like 500 or something.  So that's the
unattractive part.  But as time allows, we'll get to work on that.  And
if that one works out well, we'll look at the same for the Palm V.

> With one of the III series, keep an extra pair of AAA batteries on
> hand.  With one of the V series, keep your charger handy.

I hate to confess this, but I got bit by the same thing at Nats.  I knew
my batteries wer a bit low, and I had already given my spare batteries
to another user.  Thought I'd make it, but after Rick's and my final
runs, (the ones we *really* wanted to see) we discovered we had the
Batteries Low Screen O' Death up.  Got the first 4 runs, missed the last
two.