Re: PalmV (was Re: Palm IIIe price lowered)

To: geez@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: PalmV (was Re: Palm IIIe price lowered)
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 17:55:49 -0400
Todd Green wrote:
> >Yesterday (Monday, October 4th) 3Com lowered the MSRP for the Palm
> IIIe (the one I'd recommend for G-Cube use) to $179.
>
> Just a data point.  I used a Palm V this weekend [and ran into
> battery life problems].

I should clarify, since I've gotten some mail about it, that the IIIe
is the one I'd recommend if you're buying a Palm exlusively for use with
the G-Cube, because it's less expensive and includes everything you
need.

If you want a Palm for all of its other intended uses (that is, if you
plan to carry it with you wherever you go, as I do), then I'd recommend
the Palm V or Vx.  It's smaller, lighter, cooler, and more upgradable
than the IIIe.

Also, if Byron goes ahead with the Palm III Modem case for the G-Cube
Battery plan, it's not clear whether he'll also do something similar
for the V -- the Palm V Modem has a rather different form factor.

With one of the III series, keep an extra pair of AAA batteries on
hand.  With one of the V series, keep your charger handy.

Mark