fot
[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [Fot] Spitfire Clutch

To: "robertten1@aol.com" <robertten1@aol.com>, Ponostyle <ponobill@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Spitfire Clutch
From: Joe Boruch <jaboruch@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2026 02:24:36 +0000 (UTC)
Authentication-results: autox.team.net;
Cc: FOT Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Delivered-to: mharc@autox.team.net
Delivered-to: fot@autox.team.net
References: <608704176.154516.1790997678973.ref@mail.yahoo.com> <608704176.154516.1790997678973@mail.yahoo.com> <29CAD944-7FEB-4562-8627-A44EAFE00AA2@ponostyle.com>
--===============0338011283956271236==
        boundary="----=_Part_1695455_142479998.1791167076694"

------=_Part_1695455_142479998.1791167076694
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

 Bob, I see from your signature line that you are an autocrosser. =C2=A0If =
you are driving your Spit on the street to events, a multi disc clutch or e=
ven a single solid disc clutch might be too severe, and the stop and go dri=
ving on the street will wear them fast. =C2=A0If you are trailering the car=
, do not drive it up on the trailer ramps with a multi disc clutch. =C2=A0I=
've seen a few cars kill their clutches driving onto trailers. =C2=A0Need t=
o winch it on.JoeB
    On Saturday, October 3, 2026 at 01:43:44 AM EDT, Ponostyle <ponobill@gm=
ail.com> wrote: =20
=20
 all depends on how serious you are about solving the problem.I never used =
stock clutches in Peyote=E2=80=94it smoked the stock stuff=E2=80=94always m=
ulti plate and radial bearing throwout=E2=80=94generally modified Saab. I t=
hink Tilton makes a two disk one that=E2=80=99s mostly a bolt on for spitfi=
re. Not cheap.=C2=A0


On Oct 2, 2026, at 8:21=E2=80=AFPM, robertten1@aol.com wrote:
Good evening members,
I am having an issue with the clutch on my Triumph Spitfire.=C2=A0 Slippage=
.=C2=A0 It's a stock pressure plate and disc in a 1500 engine mated to a GT=
6 transmission.=C2=A0=C2=A0My quest is acquire a heavy duty pressure plate =
or info for a company that can rebuild modify my pressure plate.=C2=A0 Comp=
any I have used in the past has long gone out of business.=C2=A0 Our parts =
suppliers seem to of stopped offering performance clutches over the years.=
=C2=A0 Unless anyone or more of our members can offer suggestions of help ?=
I have tried asking Spitfire racers their sources but have not received an =
answer.
Curious,Bob TottenAutocrosser______________________________________________=
_
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
e.com




_______________________________________________
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot
o.com


 =20
------=_Part_1695455_142479998.1791167076694
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head></head><body><div class=3D"yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-fami=
ly:Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div class=
=3D"ydp35d10405yahoo-style-wrap" style=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helve=
tica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:13px;"><div></div>
        <div dir=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">Bob, I see from your signatu=
re line that you are an autocrosser. &nbsp;If you are driving your Spit on =
the street to events, a multi disc clutch or even a single solid disc clutc=
h might be too severe, and the stop and go driving on the street will wear =
them fast. &nbsp;If you are trailering the car, do not drive it up on the t=
railer ramps with a multi disc clutch. &nbsp;I've seen a few cars kill thei=
r clutches driving onto trailers. &nbsp;Need to winch it on.</div><div dir=
=3D"ltr" data-setdir=3D"false">JoeB</div><div><br></div>
       =20
        </div><div id=3D"ydp62caa161yahoo_quoted_1554468594" class=3D"ydp62=
caa161yahoo_quoted">
            <div style=3D"font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, s=
ans-serif;font-size:13px;">
               =20
                <div>
                    On Saturday, October 3, 2026 at 01:43:44 AM EDT, Ponost=
yle &lt;ponobill@gmail.com&gt; wrote:
                </div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><br></div>
                <div><div id=3D"ydp62caa161yiv3622420859"><div>all depends =
on how serious you are about solving the problem.I never used stock clutche=
s in Peyote=E2=80=94it smoked the stock stuff=E2=80=94always multi plate an=
d radial bearing throwout=E2=80=94generally modified Saab. I think Tilton m=
akes a two disk one that=E2=80=99s mostly a bolt on for spitfire. Not cheap=
.&nbsp;<br id=3D"ydp62caa161yiv3622420859lineBreakAtBeginningOfMessage"><di=
v><br><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div>On Oct 2, 2026, at 8:21=E2=80=AFPM, ro=
bertten1@aol.com wrote:</div><br class=3D"ydp62caa161yiv3622420859Apple-int=
erchange-newline"><div><div><div style=3D"font-family:Helvetica Neue, Helve=
tica, Arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;" class=3D"ydp62caa161yiv3622420859y=
dp16d8a727yahoo-style-wrap"><div>Good evening members,</div><div><br></div>=
<div>I am having an issue with the clutch on my Triumph Spitfire.&nbsp; Sli=
ppage.&nbsp; It's a stock pressure plate and disc in a 1500 engine mated to=
 a GT6 transmission.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div>My quest is acquire a heavy duty=
 pressure plate or info for a company that can rebuild modify my pressure p=
late.&nbsp; Company I have used in the past has long gone out of business.&=
nbsp; Our parts suppliers seem to of stopped offering performance clutches =
over the years.&nbsp; Unless anyone or more of our members can offer sugges=
tions of help ?</div><div>I have tried asking Spitfire racers their sources=
 but have not received an answer.</div><div><br></div><div>Curious,</div><d=
iv>Bob Totten</div><div>Autocrosser</div></div></div>______________________=
_________________________<br>fot@autox.team.net<br><br>http://www.fot-racin=
g.com<br><br>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>Archive: http://aut=
ox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot<br>Unsubscribe/Manage=
: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/bill@ponostyle.com<br><br><br><=
/div></blockquote></div><br></div></div>___________________________________=
____________<br><a href=3D"mailto:fot@autox.team.net"; rel=3D"nofollow" targ=
et=3D"_blank">fot@autox.team.net</a><br><br><a href=3D"http://www.fot-racin=
g.com" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.fot-racing.com</a><br>=
<br>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html"; rel=3D"nofollow" ta=
rget=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>Archive: <a href=3D"=
http://autox.team.net/archive"; rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://au=
tox.team.net/archive</a> <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot"; rel=
=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot</a><br>Un=
subscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/jabo=
ruch@yahoo.com" rel=3D"nofollow" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/ma=
ilman/options/fot/jaboruch@yahoo.com</a><br><br><br></div>
            </div>
        </div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_1695455_142479998.1791167076694--

--===============0338011283956271236==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________
fot@autox.team.net

http://www.fot-racing.com

Archive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fot



--===============0338011283956271236==--

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>