Re: [Roadsters] wiper recomission suggestions

To: "Fergus OFarrell" <fergus06@socal.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] wiper recomission suggestions
From: "Bubba" <bubwin@mts.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 12:23:21 -0600
I agree with the use of windshield "Snake Oil".  Having Ice raced a Datsun
510, I would use it because sometimes you would get wet snow thrown onto the
windshield, and you know how those wipers are, and I've used it on regular
and Lexan windshields.

For those of you who have never used either,  Imagine a downpour where your
wipers cannot keep up while travelling at 60 mph.  Would you turn OFF your
wipers?  Well with these products, turning the wipers off in such conditions
can sometimes IMPROVE your visibility.  Yes, at 60 mph.

I tried 2 or 3 different types, and have settled on Castrol ClearVue.  It
works equally as well as Rain-X, but you don't need to buff it.  You spray
it on a clean windshield, and wipe it off.  Buffing Rain-X is too much like
buffing wax off a car, and you should try that at 20 below.  I also use it
on the side and rear windows, and outside mirrors.  All my daily drivers get
this treatment every 2-3 months, and my 2 oldest sons are sold on it too.

THEY ARE THAT GOOD!

Bob Winslade
1966-1600 Missy
1967-1600 Bender