[Roadsters] wiper recomission suggestions

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] wiper recomission suggestions
From: "Fergus OFarrell" <fergus06@socal.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 17:35:16 -0800
When I bought my car years ago, I tried the wipers once or twice, and they
moved at a decrepit rate, then one day just stopped.  Being kept busy by more
relevant mechanical challenges, it has been years since they worked. (I
thought Rain-X was snake oil, but I swear by it now, although I have only
driven twice in the rain)
So now I am prepping for the Iron Bottom, which means I really should give it
a good effort getting them back going.

Any suggestions as to where to start? (most all know of my
electrical-ineptitude, having read of my blinker / tailite  / fusebox woes).
I was thinking:
1. remove and clean all contacts on switch (check fuses of course)
2. make sure wiring harness is not preventing operation (seems very close on
drivers side)

One question:
I have completely removed the center console and heater box, leaving only the
E-flasher switch intact.  Is any of the wiper operation related to anything
switch-wise in the center console?  (like low/hi speed related to the heater
fan lo-hi speed resistor mounted within the heater box?)

thanks for the suggestions,
Fergus O, 69 2000, HB, CA