Re: Racing stripe decals/Los Angeles

To: Stephen Wan <Steve@olsonarchitect.com>, geegc@aol.com,
Subject: Re: Racing stripe decals/Los Angeles
From: "datsun parts.com" <datsunpartsdotcom@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:26:01 -0700 (PDT)
     I use Windex spray cleaner. Simply spray onto the surface. Make sure that
the surface is clean. Peel and position the decal. It will slide around easily
and allow you to get the correct position. Use a squeegee to work from one side
of the decal to the other. The squeegee action removes the excess liquid and
also moves the trapped micro air bubbles out. Allow to dry overnight and the
next day it will look like it was painted on.
        In my other business we have used this procedure on all of the jet
aircraft and props as well.
       Did I say wash your hands before doing any of this?

  Dean

Stephen Wan <Steve@olsonarchitect.com> wrote:
  Wet the car and decal with a spray bottle of soapy water. This will keep the
decal from permanently sticking until the water dries.
Use two people to lay the decal down from one edge and work your way to the
opposite edge. The soapy water will allow you to reposition if it isn't right.
Use a wet squeege to cafefully sweep the air bubbles from the center out to
the edges.

Steve
70' 1600