RE: 160 MPH speedo

To: ppeters914@comcast.net
Subject: RE: 160 MPH speedo
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 05:28:20 GMT
Glad you had a good time Pete... heh heh heh.
Pete and I went on a fun run to Mt St Helens, meeting up with about 16 cars or
so from Oregon (and shame on all the Washington Roadster and other Datsun
owners... Pete and I were the ONLY people to represent Washington, and here it
was in our state and all!).  It was a good bunch of people, mostly 510 owners,
though there were two other Roadsters there, both 2 liter cars, a 300zx twin
turbo, a nice 260z, a Sentra SE-R and my favorite, a Datsun 1200 coupe.
Learned lots of amazing facts about the eruption of St Helens.  We also froze
our butts off, but Pete and I refused to put up the top, and my car is sans
heater.  But that is what real Roadstering is all about.  I was just happy
that the Blaster was working ok... still not quite right, but better.  I think
she is ready to go to sleep for the winter now.  She endeared herself to me
again these last two months or so and has me thinking about getting her set up
right come spring.  I knew I couldn't stay mad at her...
Greg Burrows
BTW, the president of the Oregon Datsun club was talking about doing a fun run
to the Coast (WA or OR) some time next year.  Apparently there is a standing
offer of an auto-x there by the local Datsun owners, plus some beautiful areas
to drive in.  I know I would be up for it... sounds like a fun weekend.  I
will keep you all posted for those in the local area.

-- "Pete Peters" <ppeters914@comcast.net> wrote:
Actually, yesterday Greg's 67.5 2L speedo hit 125+ on I-5 North. Now, Greg
admits it's probably a little off, but we was definitely flyin'! <VBG>

                    `  ___  '
Pete               -  (O o)  -
Lake Forest Park, WA
1966 1600 SPL311