Re: Wilwood big brake kit!

To: Marc&Heidi <mtyler@hctc.net>
Subject: Re: Wilwood big brake kit!
From: RacerY@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 21:05:56 +0000
Oh,
but drums usually ARE power assist!
It's the 'servo action' whereby the shoes use the rotational force of the drum
to pull themselves into delivering greater braking force than your foot
provides...

which was why brake fade was so brutal on drums- you lost the 'boost' as well
as the grip, and REALLY lost your brakes.

Another thing-  I really didn't like the Aussie pads that the '80's roadster
crowd were so fond of.  They have very low friction coefficients...  NAPA had
one (a long time ago) that just felt a lot better.

Now- I dunno.  I haven't bought pads since the early '90's!
One more reason to change calipers- I do like the Textar pads you can get
online for $40ish...

More chatter,
TOby

  I remember in college I could really put a strain on the