Re: Carb tuning tool

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb tuning tool
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 15:59:46 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I've been using a syncromanometer for years on my roadsters.  The beauty of the
syncromanometer is that it measures both or all four throats at the same time.
You can twiddle with the adjusters and watch the vacuum levels rise and fall.
There is no restriction in flow like with the unisyn so the rpm level stays
steady while you are measuring.  I just screwed some brass nipples into the
smog ports of the intake manifold and attached the tubes.  When not
syncronizing then I placed some rubber vacuum stoppers over the nipples.  The
SU's are kind of tricky with the unisyn because there is a crossover between
the two sides.  When you restrict flow on one side then some flow comes through
the cross over.  The syncromanometer is also much more precise than the unisyn.