Re: Carb tuning tool

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carb tuning tool
From: Dave Dearinger <daved@mdon-line.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2005 08:47:45 -0700
At 08:15 AM 9/1/2005 -0700, linda wrote:

>List,
>What is the preferred carb tuning tool used for the SUs? I had heard of
>the Unisyn but I don't know if it is still available.
>Thanks
>Linda
>68 1600

Personally I prefer a piece of vacuum hose ~3 feet long.

"The simplest method to carry out this test is with a short
length of rubber tube, one end held to the ear, the other placed in turn at
the corresponding place in mouth of each
carburettor. Adjust the appropriate throttle valve screw until the amount
of hiss is equal on all carburettors."

-Text copied from the Morris Register of Victoria
http://www.moreg.org.au/carburettors.htm

- Dave Dearinger
- 66 1600