Re: Carb tuning tool

To: daved@mdon-line.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carb tuning tool
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2005 12:46:01 EDT
Sure, a little too close and there go your brains out your ear.; ) Actually
it should work pretty well for the low speed sync but I'm not so sure about
the  high speed.

keith

In a message dated 9/1/2005 8:48:12 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
daved@mdon-line.com writes:

At 08:15  AM 9/1/2005 -0700, linda wrote:

>List,
>What is the preferred  carb tuning tool used for the SUs? I had heard of
>the Unisyn but I  don't know if it is still available.
>Thanks
>Linda
>68  1600

Personally I prefer a piece of vacuum hose ~3 feet  long.

"The simplest method to carry out this test is with a  short
length of rubber tube, one end held to the ear, the other placed in  turn at
the corresponding place in mouth of each
carburettor. Adjust  the appropriate throttle valve screw until the amount
of hiss is equal on  all carburettors."

-Text copied from the Morris Register of  Victoria
http://www.moreg.org.au/carburettors.htm