Re: Parts for '67 1/2 1600 (studs vs. bolts)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Parts for '67 1/2 1600 (studs vs. bolts)
From: j bush <jeremiahdbush@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 16:46:23 -0700 (PDT)
Dan McHatton wrote:
   New head bolts are probably a good investment, but I haven't priced
   them lately.  I don't understand how studs versus bolts would make a
   difference, other than the fact that studs make assembly easier.

The aluminum heads don't like repeated threading and unthreading of bolts.  The
aluminum is softer and weaker than the steel bolts so every time a bolt is
threaded or unthreaded the aluminum wears much more than the steel.  Studs are
the way to go.

Jeremiah Bush
Casper, WY
'67 1600