Dash rehab

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Dash rehab
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Wed, 11 May 2005 06:11:13 GMT
Greetings list.  Went a little crazy today when I took the '67 2 liter out of
hibernation (after a few cranks she fired right off... gotta love that Jacobs
system).  I am replacing the windshield glass and decided if I was gonna do
that, I may as well finally replace my dash (ordered one from Dean).  So,
before I knew it, I had completely torn apart the dash, removed all the gauges
and was re-organizing my somewhat hacked wiring (had a fire years ago... long
story).  Anyway, noticed that the dash face seemed a bit dull compared to
places that had been covered and was thinkin that a light coat of clear paint
might be a good idea.  As always, I thought of running this by the list to see
what you all have done.  I simply want to freshen it up, not change it to wood
or anything, so... a light coat of clear... yes or no?  Other suggestions?
Thanks... the beast is awake!
Greg Burrows