Re: Owners of a 2000 with Datsun Competition Oil Pan

To: Paul Souza <pauljsouza@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Owners of a 2000 with Datsun Competition Oil Pan
From: Phillip Brook <fairlady@telstra.com>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 13:08:46 +1000
All Aussie spec 2000s come standard with the big alloy oil pan and we
have some of the worst roads imaginable. Most sumps have some scrapes
on the bottom but I don't think I've heard of anyone cracking one from
just driving around.

Biggest problem tends to be the sump baffle which cracks up but a
welder can usually sort that out. Some sumps have also had to have the
plug hole heli-coiled thanks to overenthusiastic owners over-tightening
the plug.

Regards,
Phill B