RE: Owners of a 2000 with Datsun Competition Oil Pan

To: "'C. Halsted'" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Subject: RE: Owners of a 2000 with Datsun Competition Oil Pan
From: "roadster katman" <roadster@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 19:20:46 -0700
Hi Craig,

Yup, problem is bad roads. Not a problem during the ride going far away,
is generally on smooth roads. The problem would be if the pan busted
while far away and you're driving there locally - towing it home would
be a problem (of course you always have a trailer with you!). I remember
once, Calspeed ran over a log that fell off a truck in front of him
while coming back from Shasta - fortunately for him it was a couple
miles from home. Some guys get crazy on runs on backroads; I've gone
airborn on a few crests and smacked down hard. I just don't want a
serious breakdown far from home on the good roadster. I've taken the
daily driver 700 miles away 'cause I wouldn't care about leaving it
behind!

Fred - So.SF