Jackshaft bearings

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Jackshaft bearings
From: "Eric Frisbee" <efrisbee@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 00:09:20 -0500
For anyone getting ready to have their roadsters engine rebuilt... please
take the time to educate your machinist to CORRECTLY orientate the rear 2000
jackshaft bearing or 1600 cam bearing to allow for oil flow to the head.  I
just heard about another roadster owner going through the same issues I had
with my own 2000 rebuild (jackshaft bearing installed backwards), only this
clown mechanic claims the jackshaft is hollow and he wants to drill through
to get to oil.     I know it's a bitch to take the engine apart again, but
it would be cheaper than having some moron drilling through the jackshaft
and contaminating the engine with metal shavings.

Good luck to everyone rebuilding engines out there!

Eric