Another question about turn signals

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Another question about turn signals
From: PSCowboy9@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 22:31:24 EDT
Tom, thanks for the info on the flasher unit. got that replaced  today.

I've got another question about the turn signals and also about the
headlight switch operation.  First, I want to ask what lights are suppose  to
come on
for the first and second position of the head light switch.   currently on
mine, the first or center position is headlights and parking  lights.  the
switch
in the full up position is just headlights and tail  lights.  Should the
center just be parking lights?

Now for the turn signal.  The front drivers side parking lamp/turn  signal
isn't working correctly.  If the lights are off, the turn signal is  using the
low element in the bulb.  If the lights are on, the parking lamp  is on the
bright element.  This makes is so if the lights are on, I don't  have a front
left turn signal.  I checked the wiring and the colors match  up.  if I switch
them around, I blow the fuse.

The right side seems to be working correctly, parking is using the lower
element and turn signal is using the high.

any thoughts, or just get use to little electrical mysteries and deal with
them?

Thanks
Steve Burton
Palm Springs