RE: Remember your first time?

To: "'Roadster List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Remember your first time?
From: "J Sylvester" <jsylvester3136@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 16:01:15 -0600
My family built a house in 1969.  I was in 6th grade.  The general
contractor was a friend of my dad's who hung around a lot while the house
was being built.  He drove a white 1969 2000 with a black interior and a
roll bar.  He could have driven anything he wanted (and did...he had a fleet
of cars) but the car he liked best was that Datsun with a rollbar.

I had a few harrowing drives in the car.  He was a bit of a wild man who
enjoyed his improbable success by owning and flogging cars that most folks
who he grew up with could only dream about.

Dell Drummand was killed about the time our house was done.  As dramatic as
it would be to say he was killed in the Datsun, that wouldn't be the case.
He was driving home to Columbia from St. Louis late one night in another car
of his (not the Datsun.  He used to say that little shit never broke) and
was hit by another car as he stood waiting by the side of the road for the
wrecker.

I've always wanted to own a 2000; you've probably seen my postings looking
for one (and yes, I'm still looking.  I've got a bead on a few very nice
one, but no deal is done yet, so please keep the submissions coming).  2004
is going to be the year I finally buy one after all these years of thinking
about that white 2000 and wishing I were old enough - and rich enough - to
have one.

Cheers.  Happy New Year!