Remember your first time?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Remember your first time?
From: <stebharvey@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 08:33:54 -0600
Hi group,

I was thinking about the first time I saw a roadster. It was 1968 and I
was a high school student driving a piece of crap car. The Datsun dealer
(Zimdar's) was in an old gas station and they had 4 roadster's in the
lot. All were red with black interior. I pulled in and asked the guy if
I could sit in a car. He walks inside and comes out with the keys and
says, "take her for a spin but be back in an hour because I will be
closing". I drove the car for a little under an hour and returned it to
the dealer feeling like I'd never felt before. I was hooked from that
point on. Couldn't afford the high price (grin) for a new car but the
next year I found a 1600 that had been hit in the rear end and bought it
cheap. That was my daily driver until I joined the Navy in 1970.

Steve Harvey