Re: Remember your first time?

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Remember your first time?
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@gwi.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 16:30:15 -0500
Fall of 1972, had just spent the summer in a body cast from a crashing a
1972 750 Honda cycle, knee would still not bend from being in the
cast....sat in a 69 1600 in the datsun dealership but my leg would not bend
enough to use the clutch.  The engine was missing parts but the head
mechanic assured me it would be put back in a1 condition if I wanted to buy
it.  My uncle was installing the a/c option on the new Z cars because they
did not put it on at the factory and so he and the mechanic made sure the
car did get good restoration.  Bought it for alittle over $1000 and ran it
until I moved to Maine where the doors would freeze shut for weeks at a time
and if they did open, the sub zero temps would make starting difficult.  I
was a student at the time so the car sat in the University parking lot in
all the weather.  The kicker is that I saw a brown '72 750 honda in the
local honda shop identical to the one I crashed and sold the roadster to buy
it.  I guess I figured that if it wasn't going to be used in the winter, I'd
rather have a bike...being older and wiser now, I have a roadster and a
cycle...
daveS