RE: 1600 Head

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: 1600 Head
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:06:30 -0800
According to Scott Sheeler's Rising Sun Racing catalog, it's 3.248" (82.5mm).
http://www.gordon-glasgow.org/RSR_Head_1600.asp

The R16 isn't as sensitive to head cutting as the U20 because it isn't an
overhead cam, but it still raises the compression ratio the same if you mill it.
But at least there you have the opportunity to do some grinding in the
combustion chambers to unshroud the valves while you get the compression ratio
back to something reasonable.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA