Re: breaks - im sure this topic has been beat to death

To: Mike <datsun_sports@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: breaks - im sure this topic has been beat to death
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 07:25:45 -0600 (CST)
I replaced my hoses, 3 brake lines and clutch hose, with steel braided
lines from Pegasus Racing. They had all the parts needed, hoses, adpters
and copper washers. I bought mine several years ago, but I seem to recall
that it cost me about $50 for everything.

I believe these hoses are teflon with stainless steel overwraps.

After installing them my brake pedal feels as if there is a block under
the pedal. I push it down and the pedal just stops - along with the car!
What year is your car? Early cars (pre '68) developed cracks in the
firewall around the brake master cylinder. If your is cracked, or just
flexes a lot, you may want to install one of the firewall braces that Stan
sells.

Bump stops are listed in the NISMO catalog web site, but I don't know if
they are stock height, or cut down for the lowered cars. Anyone know?

Peace,
Pat

Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor/Future planner, CS Dept,
University of Texas, 1 University Station C0500,Austin, Tx. 78712-1188 USA