Re: Cruising pics, steering wheel, Skyline,SR20

To: "Vicki Burrows" <gregnvicki@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Cruising pics, steering wheel, Skyline,SR20
From: "Dave Stoll" <dgstoll@gwi.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 22:13:08 -0400
Back in my early roadster days, my friend had a 'vette with a ZL1 427, an
all aluminum engine.  He put some money in the engine and did very well at
the local street racer 1/8 straightaway.  One night a little car showed up
and beat the 'vette.  The little car was a Sunbeam Tiger II which originally
had a 289 Ford from the factory but the owner had replaced it with a BOSS
302.  After the first 1/8 mile the 'vette would win but for that first 1/8
that little Tiger II couldn't be beat.  My friend went out and bought a
regular Tiger II with the 289 just to see what the car was like.  Before he
sold the car I drove it around the area and pushed it as hard as I dared
treat someone else's car.  The front end was heavy and not near as  nice as
my 1600 roadster but what a kick on the straightaway!!!  When we got back he
let me know I hadn't opened the secondarys on the 4barrel !!.
daveS