RE: OT -Don't laugh, anybody got a mini-van for sale??

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OT -Don't laugh, anybody got a mini-van for sale??
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 09:00:34 -0700
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 17:08 Daniel Neuman wrote:
>... we have decided that we need to break down and buy a sensible
>car.  We need something that will seat 4 people and be weather
>proof. We need something thats not too fancy that Irene can drive
>around Oakland and park it places without feeling like a target.  We
>also want something that can carry home improvement supplies back to
>the house.  I want to be able to lay a 4by8 sheet of ...
>...         Anybody have any mini-van advice??

Sorry I'm late, but since no one offered these idea's (so far; I'm
still plowing thru digests), I thought I'd throw 'em in the pot:

 You can lay 4x8 sheets flat in our Nissan Quest. The back door won't
shut though - but how often will that matter?  Maintenance/reliability
of a Nissan will FAR outweigh the door closing benefit of a Chrysler
product (imnho). 1 seat pops out (or 2 if you get middle buckets), 1
folds/slides, so you can seat 2, 4, 5, or 7.

 On a budget: My favorite hauler over the years was an '80 Datsun 510
station wagon. I hauled 4x8 sheets on the roof rack frequently, all
kinds of crap in the back (split fold down back seats), seated 4, and
got 30+mpg. The only problem I had was I loaned it to a buddy that
hauled over a 1/2 ton of tile in it once - cost me a front axle
bearing.

Dan Neff '69 2000
Colorado Springs, CO
www.wycroc.org