Re: In defense of the Miata

To: marc@animalfirm.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: In defense of the Miata
From: "Stephen McCartney" <sgam@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2001 02:30:25 +0000
Yeah, we handle basket cases like you, too!

The FIAT was up on my list when I decided on the Datsun.  It wins on looks -
except that I think that the boot sticks out just a *little* too much - and
apparently they handle really well, but unfortunately, it's a FIAT (Fix It
Again, Tony), and not a Datsun (my first car was a 510) and it just didn't
have the horses I was looking for.  So it lost out.  By not by much.  I'd
rather a FIAT 124 than an MGB, any day.  Not that there's anything WRONG
with MGB's by the way.  I really really like MGB GT V8's.  But I wanted a
roadster.  Again the Datsun won.  Anyhoo, enough from me.  I KNEW Pam was
gonna start a fight with that comment.  As others have said:  Miatas will be
a collectors item in 25 years time - you watch.  Now's the time to pick up
an early one!

By the way, Mazda Australia have green lighted a production turbo variant...

Cheers,
Steve
('68 2000 Solex)