Re: Rear end

To: Gerardo Magana <gmagana@softcom.net>
Subject: Re: Rear end
From: Don Miller <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 13:40:11 -0700 (PDT)
I have a disc brake conversion in my garage. I made
the brackets and everything to do it. I did one thing
wrong though, I made the calipers lay flat on top of
the axle and they should be vertical for easier
bleeing. Right now, I unbolt them and tilt them up to
bleed them. Takes about 15 minutes instead of about 5
minutes. If you wanted a template or any ideas on how
to do it, let me know.

Don Miller
68 Turbo V-6 (getting a Ford 8.8 after breaking 6 rear
ends this year)
70 2000 in boxes
72 510 stroked 1600 (for sale)
73 510 (going away in 10 days
Meridian, ID
--- Gerardo Magana <gmagana@softcom.net> wrote:
> Does anyone know if the gearing for the rear end is
> different in a 1500 vs a
> 2000, also would like to know if it's so whether
> someone had one they can give
> away or sell at a reasonable cost. I am looking at
> putting a VG30DETT in my
> 1500, still haven't worked out the final
> measurements but looking. Also have
> any of you made any disc brake conversions to the
> rear axle??
> Gerardo Magana
> 67.5 Solex 2000
> 64 1500 soon to be 3000!!