Re: New to list

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>, Stephen McCartney
Subject: Re: New to list
From: Mike Harper <roadsterdude1600@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 06:21:20 -0700 (PDT)
John,

I tend to agree with Mike in that you can still find a
2000 SU, that is no wimp, buy it cheap and get parts
easily.  Converting an SU car to the proper Solex
setup will mean a 2nd mortgage.  One alternative is to
shop in Canada, where the Solex cars were sold
extensively (if an old SU car will just will not do)
For the difference in 15 HP and the persniccityness
(sp) of the Solex (flame me!!) I don't know if it is
worth the trouble.  Then again, wouldn't most Miata
owners say the same thing about my roadsters.....

Mike Harper
'66 1600
'68 2000 (SU and lovin' it!)
Charleston SC