RE: high windshield trim install

To: "steve car" <steve_car@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: high windshield trim install
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 23:31:52 -0400
Maybe I can't remember what exactly I did to get my windshield and trim
installed because it was such a horrible experience.  I do remember almost
loosing a tooth in the process.  Make sure the wire you use to get the
gasket over the windshield frame is very stout!  I think I put the lower
piece of metal trim on (lubricate the gasket) first and then put the
windshield in the lower gasket channel.  Sliding the trim on from the sides
is how I got mine together.  Then put the upper trim piece on the gasket and
put the upper channel of the gasket over the top of the windshield.  When
you stretch the sides of the gasket to get the top over the windshield, hold
the gasket by the upper part of the side not by the corner or the top of the
gasket or the trim will fall out.  Finally put the side trims on and the
corner pieces (I don't remember the finer points of getting the corners on).
It took me a couple of hours and many failed attempts before I got it
together.
Brian '69 2000
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/