high windshield trim install

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: high windshield trim install
From: "steve car" <steve_car@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 19:51:18
Does anybody have a good method for putting the trim and gasket on the
windshield? I know how to install the windshield in the frame but had
nothing but trouble getting both the trim/gasket on the windshield. I could
get the trim on the new gasket, but when trying to put the windshield in the
trim would pop out from the ends. I installed the trim by sliding it through
the grove from the sides. I also tried putting the gasket on the windshield
and using a small rope, but ended up tearing the gasket.
Thanks,
Steve
69 1600