Re: high windshield trim install

To: bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com
Subject: Re: high windshield trim install
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:50:19 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
        When I got my new windshield installed I had to look far and wide for a
glass shop that would do it.  The guy that did mine explained to me tha t it is
basically an all day job.  You wrestle with the trim for an hour then get
aggravated to hell and walk away for a couple of hours then you tackle the
next piece of trim then walk away for a few hours etc... I was GLAD to pay him
the hundred bucks to do it for me.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA

> Maybe I can't remember what exactly I did to get my windshield and trim
> installed because it was such a horrible experience.  I do remember almost
> loosing a tooth in the process.  Make sure the wire you use to get the
> gasket over the windshield frame is very stout!  I think I put the lower
> piece of metal trim on (lubricate the gasket) first and then put the
> windshield in the lower gasket channel.  Sliding the trim on from the sides
> is how I got mine together.  Then put the upper trim piece on the gasket and
> put the upper channel of the gasket over the top of the windshield.  When
> you stretch the sides of the gasket to get the top over the windshield, hold
> the gasket by the upper part of the side not by the corner or the top of the
> gasket or the trim will fall out.  Finally put the side trims on and the
> corner pieces (I don't remember the finer points of getting the corners on).
> It took me a couple of hours and many failed attempts before I got it
> together.
> Brian '69 2000
> http://web.tampabay.rr.com/oilleak/

///