Re: Now wait a minute...

To: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>,
Subject: Re: Now wait a minute...
From: "Patrick P. Castronovo" <slick1@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:57:08 -0700
Premium gas gets better mileage also.
When I purchased my New '60 Chevy Impala I used to go to my Father's farm 20
miles north of Wisconsin Dells. The Dells were 200 miles from Chicago.   I
would fill up with Regular gas, and from Chicago I would travel Freeway
direct to the Dells.  When I arrived at the Dells I was running on fumes, I
needed gas NOW!  20 Gallon tank, was 10 miles per gallon.
 I took the trip again using Premium Gas and when I reached the Dells I
still had 1/4 tank of gas.  Enough to make the extra 20 miles and then some.
I know it's been 40 years since that experiment and the gasoline has a
minimum amount of Octane, but I would think there is still a better value in
using Premium Gas.
Altho the Manufacturer recommends using regular, I use medium grade in my
'98 Nissan Altima.  It has over 60,000 miles on it, with no problems with
the Injectors.  We go to Las Vegas many times.  I will conduct that
experiment the next time I go and will see if the same results occur.
PAt