Now wait a minute...

To: Roadster Listgroup <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Now wait a minute...
From: Dan Neff <neffster189@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:36:54 -0600
This is probably the dumbest question/post I've ever made.. After constant
tinkering and tweaking I have my roadster running the best it ever has;
smooth idle, best romp/acceleration over a broad rpm range (2,500-6,500+),
smooooth cruise.. Took a 240 mile trip yesterday - and got 34.4mpg!! NOW
WAIT A MINUTE. Are roadsters supposed to get that kinda gas mileage? I would
gladly give up 5 mpg for MORE power ;) ! Just curious to know if that's
'right' or not. I could see where I _might_ get a little better than you
flatlanders since I have it tuned for 6,000' altitude (runs leaner than sea
level), but... I don't believe I drive 'conservatively' :) . It's hard to
believe I have something to worry about, but I don't get it. Maybe this is
an unconcious plug for (Gary Boone's) EI distributor or Ztherapy carbs?

thanks,
Dan Neff    '69 2000 (SU's)
Colorado Springs, CO
http://www.wycroc.org