RE: Now wait a minute...

To: "Roadster Listgroup" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Now wait a minute...
From: "Gordon Glasgow" <gsglasgow@home.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 10:11:00 -0700
That's good mileage, for sure, but not impossible for a trip. I actually
recorded 38 mpg once when my car had the Solexes on it. It was a freeway drive
of 240 miles and it took 6.3 gallons. I filled the tank just before I got on the
freeway, drove from Seattle, WA to Hood River, OR, and filled the tank
immediately after getting off the freeway. At freeway speed the engine was just
into the power band and it took practically no throttle to maintain speed.

Around town I got about 20 mpg.

BTW, on the trip to Shasta this summer I got about 25 mpg with a modified Solex
motor that wasn't broken in yet and was running rich.

Gordon Glasgow
Renton, WA

///
///