Re: Does gas tank slosh-seal go bad ?

To: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Subject: Re: Does gas tank slosh-seal go bad ?
From: Fred Schroeder <roadster@texoma.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 16:55:07 -0500
SPL311RDST@aol.com wrote:

> So, the question is: anyone have any bad experience w/ "slosh-sealer"???

Hi Laurie,

I tried some in kiddos dirt bike.  It sucked!!!!  It started pealing off and
made
a general mess.

> If I have the tank boiled out and resealed will it happen again?

If you decide to have your tank cleaned out I can recommend an outfit to do it.
There is a process called Renu.  There are franchised dealers throughout the US.
My 2000 tank sat with gas in it for about 12 years.  Trust me, you can't imagine
what it looked like!  It was cleaned to bare metal, two coats of sealer were
baked on the inside and one on the outside.  The results were unbelievable!
Plus, it carries a life time guarantee.  (Formerly from Casa Grande)

--
Best regards,

Fred Schroeder
Denison, TX