Re: Does gas tank slosh-seal go bad ?

To: "Laurie" <SPL311RDST@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Does gas tank slosh-seal go bad ?
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 07:49:21 -0500
Laurie wrote

>So, the question is: anyone have any bad experience w/ "slosh-sealer"???  At
>this point I don't even know if a PO had used any on the car. Does this
>sealer ever go bad & peel off ? Anyone know of long-term effects of MTBE (or
>whatever the heck else they put in the gas these days) on this sealer ? Any
>other guesses as to what it is?

Our Dodge pickup ate fuel pumps for awhile(a total of 3 in 2 years)
turned out rotting rubber fuel line was constantly clogging the filters.
The bockage, it seems caused the pumps to fail.  Since the line was
swapped out it's been okay... fingers crossed, it is a Chrysler product
;^)

     Does the roadster have any rubber fuel line upstream of the firewall?

-Marc T.

Marc Tyler
Designer,
Animal Firm