Re: 2000 in Sausalito - My Field Report

To: mtarelka@home.com
Subject: Re: 2000 in Sausalito - My Field Report
From: CalSpeed@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 00:26:33 EDT
No way....!  11 grand!  He is out of his mind. I didnt even pay that for my
67.5 2000.  With or without the new head or "black plates" the car should not
sell for more than 7K.  And that would still be very high.

Once again, I am basing my comments on your information posted.  Okay...
recently a guy in the Bay Area that I know bought a '69 2000 for $20,000.
Yes it was rebuilt and yes it was done up in leather too.  But it was
complete and needed nothing except having to occasionally polish the chrome
pieces in the engine bay.  ANd the person who bought it didnt want to do the
work anymore as he has already rebuilt a beautiful 72 240Z.  He rather drive
while he still is able too. Not that he is very old or in poor health.  But
sometimes it is nice to know that your car needs nothing done to it.  Even if
you didnt do the work yourself.

I would keep looking and you will soon enough find the car of your dreams.
You shouldn't have to pay more than 6 to 7 grand for a solid 2000 that needs
refreshing.  And this means no rust buckets either.  They are out there.
Because you are so committed I will keep a special eye out for your 2000.

Michael "Calspeed" Carion
San Francisco, Ca