Re: 2000 in Sausalito - My Field Report

To: mtarelka@home.com
Subject: Re: 2000 in Sausalito - My Field Report
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:41:53 PDT
Michael,

This has been discussed before, and I am sure I will open a can of worms by
commenting, but here goes:

For an asking price of 11k, the car should have a TOTALLY straight body with
perfect paint and interior. The fact that the car has obvious engine
adjusment requirements tells me that it isn't a car worth over 10 grand. To
see a car worth over 10 grand, check out Ron Hamilton's car on CDM. Now
THERE is a car worth over 10 grand.

Put it this way, for only 3.5k more you could have an absolutely perfect car
with an engine that will slap you into your seat with enough force that you
will feel your stomach hit your spine. Great interior with customization. A
beautiful car. Now I can't speak for Ron, but 14k is his ASKING price.
Things are always negotiable.

I recently helped a couple in Northern California purchase a 69 2000 Solex
with a beautiful interior, CD player, beautiful paint. It needed a new top,
a new windhshield and a dent on the hood fixed. Selling price: 8000.00.

So it always boils down to what you are willing to pay against what the
seller will take. From your description, the car seems high. I am as
interested as the next guy in aiding in the appreciation of our cars, so if
you feel the car is worth it, go ahead.

Andrew Murphy