Re: 2000 in Sausalito - My Field Report

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: 2000 in Sausalito - My Field Report
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 17:12:05 -0700
Michael,

There are problems and the guy wants $11,400? Unless it's a 67.5 2000 I
wouldn't buy it.

There is a '69 2000 on eBay with a $2,000 starting bid. That car is a steal at
that price. At least based on the description and the pictures.

Mike Young may be asking $18K for his award-winning car, but he does have other
cars for sale at much lower asking prices. I've been tempted to buy 1 or 2 of
his cars, in the $6,000 range, and they appeared to be in as good shape as this
car you are describing.

No one should sell an SU car for that $11K price if it doesn't run smooth. It
doesn't take that much effort to balance SU carbs. (Ask CalSpeed how smooth my
engine is.) That mechanic is not worth the $100/hr that he was paid. So if I
were you I'd try to knock $3,000 or more off the price. One justification for
asking the big bucks would be a professional body/paint job but your description
is that it's OK/cheap.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC