Re: Meeting the vendors Half way (long)

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Meeting the vendors Half way (long)
From: "Mike Adams" <mikeadam@wcnet.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 16:24:55 +0000
Andrew,
    Yes most of us do know each other and we are
typical roadster owners - nice guys.  I can only speak
for myself - but if I don't have something or know of
a sale price I refer them to a vendor in their region.
If someone from Canada or NW is looking for a part I
send them to Ross
Calf. - Stan, Dean, Mike or Les
East Coast Jim at toppless.
I get references from them as well when the customer
is near to me.  I also buy parts from them from time to
time and refer my customers to them when I don't have
something.
BTW I don't have any  67.5 headrests and if I did I would
probably  keep  them for my own 67.5.  I do remember
thanking you for the advice you gave me on the liability
issues involved in car clubs and asked you to look up
Terry Cost from the TDROC at Shasta - he won his class in autocross
Very easy to spot - big friendly guy - very loud shirts.
I never heard back from you as to whether you got a hold
of him or not.

>The thing is, I have written some emails to vendors asking about parts info

>and prices to the various vendors that are on the list and have not
received
>any responses.

So you see we all fail to respond to e-mails from time to time.
No big deal it just happens - Please do use the vendor of your
choice and that supplies your needs best and allow we vendors
to get along with each other the way we think best.  Believe me
it is easy to tie up a lot of money in roadster parts and have them
sit on the shelf for a long time before someone purchases it.  Not
a good investment really - the stock market has a much faster
return - but I love roadsters as do the other vendors and we want
to see as many of them on the road as possible.
Mike Adams
Burr Auto/Restorations
I only do Roadsters