Re: [datsunroadsters] Oil pump

To: ROADSTER <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [datsunroadsters] Oil pump
From: Philip Erickson <philip.erickson@Agouron.COM>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 09:31:35 -0700
I have always heard 10-12 PSI per 1000 rpm not cylinder.  i.e. if the
max. rpm is 7000 you should be running your by-pass at 70-85 psi.
Volume is the most important factor for getting proper lubrication and
this is achieved by cleaning / enlarging the passages and chamfering the
sharp edges and increasing the size of the pump.
Like all things, there is a balance necessary to get the max. HP.

I also drove the white 1600 at CDM last night as I am looking for a
driver so I can start working on my engine swap
It is a very good car, but slower than my solex 2000 <grin>
Phil

--
Philip Erickson                                              Phone:
(858) 622-7963